Lately, my life has been filled to overflowing with celebratory madness: proms, graduations, birthday and graduation parties, the start of summer vacation, an anniversary and a much anticipated trip to Scotland. God has been raining down the blessings and it has been really good and really crazy. Now that all the festivities are over, I’m looking forward to a laid back summer with time to rest and finally process everything that’s happened in the last month and or so. Because of all the merry-making, I’m a little late with my sources of inspiration for June. Thankfully, everything should be just as inspiring in July. Enjoy!
- My daughter graduated from high school this month. Needless to say, it has been a big year for “Lasts” and “Good-byes”. This reminder was something I definitely needed.
- This advice also struck a chord with me. I just celebrated 23 years of marriage to my best friend so I especially agree with #4.
- Speaking of marriage, June has traditionally been the most popular month for weddings. And weddings mean wedding dresses, right? See some of the most iconic wedding dresses of all time here.
- June also ushers in the summer break from school. Which means the kids will be at home (yeah!) and the house will be perpetually messy (boo!). Maybe this and this will inspire us to manage the chaos and protect my sanity.
- We’ll be camping at least once this summer. In a tent. But I could be persuaded to forgo hard-core roughing-it for a stay in one of these. They are just the cutest!
- Summer is the time for travel and vacationing for the Whimsey Pie family. I can sometimes get overwhelmed with the planning and preparations. I’m glad I stumbled across this to gain some perspective. From now on my vacation mantra will be “High on love, low on expectations”.
- An Inspiration list wouldn’t be complete without some book recommendations. These suggestions focus on faith and offers some thought-provoking reads. I’ve already read The Shack and An Altar in the World and am currently reading Blue Like Jazz – all very good. I think I’ll be taking one of the others to the beach with me in July. Perhaps Walking on Water or Quotidian Mysteries…
- It’s black raspberry season right now in my corner of the world. I’ve already made some delicious seedless jam. Now it’s time to try this. (Just the color of it is enough to move me – seriously.)
- And this, for a tart taste of summer.
- And this, which I find strangely appealing. That sweet/salty combo, probably.
- For my monthly photography fix, this.
My sentiments exactly. Thank God for the summertime…